Godsmack - Faceless - Rock Music CD Review

Not sure what's happening with me on this one, but it seems like the more I listen to it, the better Faceless gets. Faceless simply stated is one of their best CDs to date.

It's a rare day indeed that I get a CD from an artist that I can truthfully say does not have a bad track in the bunch. I'm more than happy to announce that's exactly what I must say about this one. There simply isn't a bad one in the bunch. No fillers here at all, with each song standing tall on it's own.

Faceless has a nicely varied, mix of 12 tracks that are very well written and brilliantly performed songs by these clearly outstanding musicians. With many of the songs displaying a lot of the kind emotion that makes for a really great listen. Clearly drawing from what I can only imagine are their own real life experiences. At different points touching on the most real emotions of love, and the pain of failed relationships can certainly be heard.

Overall Faceless is an outstanding release. Quite possibly Godsmack's best to date. Really spectacular from beginning to end. If you're even mildly into Rock music you'll enjoy this album.

While the entire album is really very good the truly standout tunes are track 4 - Make Me Believe, track 8 - Releasing The Demons, and track 12 - Serenity.

My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 1 - Straight Out Of Line. This is a great track!

Faceless Release Notes:

Godsmack originally released Faceless on April 8, 2003 on the Universal Records label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. Straight Out Of Line

2. Faceless

3. Changes

4. Make Me Believe

5. I Stand Alone

6. Re-Align

7. I F****** Hate You

8. Releasing The Demons

9. Dead And Broken

10. I Am

11. Awakening, The

12. Serenity

Godsmack: Tony Rombola (vocals, guitar); Robbie Merrill (vocals, bass); Sully Erna (vocals); Shannon Larkin (drums, percussion).

The Next Search Engine [http://www.ofetch.com/] - www.ofetch.com [http://www.ofetch.com/]