Dave Matthews Band Crash Rock Music CD Review


Not sure what's happening with me on this one, but it seems like the more I listen to it, the better Crash gets. Crash stated simply is one of their best CDs to date.

It's a rare day indeed that I get a CD from an artist that I can truthfully say does not have a bad track in the bunch. I'm more than happy to announce that's exactly what I must say about this one. There simply is NOT a bad one in the bunch. No fillers here at all.

Crash is a nicely varied, mix of 12 tracks that are very well written and brilliantly performed songs by these clearly gifted musicians. Most of the songs display a lot of the kind emotion that makes for a really great listen. Seemingly drawing from what I can only imagine are their own personal experiences. At different points touching on the most real emotions of love, and the pain of failed relationships can certainly be heard.

I give Crash my highest recommendation. It just plain belongs in any serious music collectors collection regardless of genre preference.

While the entire album is really very good some of my favorites are track 3 - Crash Into Me, track 9 - Lie In Our Graves, and track 12 - Proudest Monkey

My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 1 - So Much To Say. Wow!

Crash Release Notes:

Dave Matthews Band originally released Crash on April 30, 1996 on the RCA Records label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. So Much To Say

2. Two Step

3. Crash Into Me

4. Too Much

5. #41

6. Say Goodbye

7. Drive In Drive Out

8. Let You Down

9. Lie In Our Graves

10. Cry Freedom

11. Tripping Billies

12. Proudest Monkey

Dave Matthews Band: David Matthews (vocals, acoustic guitar); Boyd Tinsley (violin, electric violin); Leroi Moore (alto, soprano, tenor & baritone saxophones, flute, whistle); Stefan Lessard (bass, tac piano); Carter Beauford (drums, percussion, background vocals). Additional personnel: Tim Reynolds (acoustic & electric guitars). Recorded at Bearsville Studios, Bearsville, New York and Green Street Recording Studios, New York, New York.

IBM Laptops